Thursday, December 01, 2005

HAPPY DECEMBER!

chapel this week was decorated for winter- so exciting!! did you know that over 250 students are on probation for chapel attendance? that is a third of HIU's students and its also the same amount of students that are involved in athletics at this University! a coincidence?, actually I think it is* - nothing stands out more in the crowd than the matching athletes who always travel in packs and sit in them during chapel too =). also don't forget that athletes attend chapel - besides the fact that we love to set aside a time each tues and thurs to worship God - is because if we exceed 8 absences we are placed on probation which means that we cannot represent HIU in any capacity - including playing in our match/game. I was on probation earlier in the semester but got it cleared up before it was of any consequence- and as of today's absence I am added to the list once again. I bet there would be a greater showing if attendance wasn't mandatory - Concordia University doesn't regulate it and I would be none surprised if they have a better showing. Next semester instead of chapel we are meeting in small groups BAH MEH BOO UGH ERR - I'm going to miss the live bands each week =). about small groups: do they realize instead of studying the bible the groups are going to be playing FIFA or going on MySpace or sleeping or knitting scarves or insert whatever you do HERE instead?? it'll be interesting to find out. on that note, hey JESS do you want to lead a small group? - I'll be your first member =).

HAPPY DECEMBER!!!
and I only have to wait half a month =)... for my birthday, that is. today I just found out that I don't have any Finals NO NOT ONE on my birthday (I do, though, have one before and maybe after).

the chocolate in my advent calendar is atrocious, disgusting, appauling YUCK!!! =(... I suppose it is due to the fact that it only cost 99 cents.


We lost our softball game today and, yes, i played. I started actually - center field. Jessica, my roomie, hit a home run HECK YEAH MAN!! and I had one hit. We were the only ones to score runs and were both 1 for 2. After the game we went to Paul's place for grub - good memories and good eatin' =).

mom called this afternoon to let me know that it snowed in woarshington - well, more specifically, in Tacoma. contrary to popular belief of my fellow californians: it is most commom in T-town to get little to no snow each year. If I recall correctly, the last time it snowed Christmas day in F-dub was 1991 - we have it on home video.

No comments: