Monday, January 30, 2006

... "I love it when you call me BIG PAPA"


today I was offered a promotion @ PJs... yep Assistant Manager (i get to wear a green shirt!)... . it means i'll be working a little bit more than before - basically more hours on the same days (i only work weekends due to softball). DID I TELL YOU?? - Andy is a papa john's driver!! i got him the job. his first day was Tuesday and he makes mad tips - kind of entices me to become a driver... but now with the promo and er'thang, I think I'm content. One of our driver's, Ron - he's a hoot, got his car towed saturday night... it was late and he was on one of his last deliveries, (so the PJ car topper was already removed from the hood and stored with the other's in the back of the restaurant), and he leaves his car in a parking complex stranded with its four ways flashing. After he made the delivery he came back to NO CAR and frantically searched then called the store. I happened to answer and he was freaking - got me a little on edge and I barely managed to hand the phone over to my manager due to excessive laughter... it must have been contagious because I spilled the story to the other driver on duty, a little broken up due to the laughing, then he started at it and was grabbing his stomach - dude my ribs felt like they were caving in.

so remember the sweet treats?? well this is the icing we put on 'em NASTY HUH?? it would be great if you were dared to eat like a cup of it EWWW... real healthy stuff right there.

ya know what's cool about working near starbucks, chipotle, pick-up-stix, and baskin & robins??? you totally get to trade goods. Pizza is more pop than I presumed... some sbux dude strolled in for some cheese sticks and I worked a Lemonade/Green Ice tea into the deal - sweet deal =).


before the PJ shift I had a softball game. we played a 9 inning scrim against Cal Lutheran - I have no idea which one (i was told there are many). i managed no strike outs (3 up to bats), 3 runs (helps when you pinch) and no errors (not many balls to CF saturday, I must admit) - pretty successful game if I say so myself - oh yeah, AND WE WON =).

Shawver has taken over responsibility as Mayor of Stanton, so we found out he's been secretly shopping for a new coach: Mike Fitzgerald of Chino Hills. Big guy - not as big as Shawver - but mucho mas intimidating, nonetheless (I think the handlebar mustache/shades/cap/crossed arms combo does the trick). I'm really excited for the new coaching staff, though. He's got a CIF championship under his belt (that's a high school state champion title, by the way, and I don't know what CIF stands for so GOOGLE IT if you want) - experience, and he has realistic goals for this season (such as winning a handful of GSAC games) - organization and VISION =).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the promotion, loads of presure from us have made you a diamond :) hopefully we'll get you back someday
- timbuktu