Sunday, December 11, 2005

juli is my mother's daughter




juli is my mother's daughter. i'm never going to live up to it, sorry mom =).
juli traveled from Santa Clarita, where she attends Masters College, to visit friday night. we hadn't seen each other since the summer and after a few failed attempts during this past semester due to my soccer schedule and weekend PJ's shifts we were finally able to spontaneously kick it at the HIU dorms
juli is turning 19 this december 20th (next tuesday!!) and she plans to graduate college next year. she's always been incredibly ambitious - i suppose young geniuses like herself can't help it - and she's going to Italy the year after to focus on Hotel Management (I believe it's management - maybe hospitality - something to do with Hotels =).
what is most important is juli's love for the Lord. although I was the one who invited her to come to youth church events back in junior high, the tables have turned and she has become the refined young woman of God - and the one to kick me in the butt when i miss-step here and there.
we covered many a theological issue friday night and juli is as conservative as they get (I wouldn't expect much less from attending an institution with a reputation such as Masters - it is one of the few colleges that still earns the title "Christian"). she wasn't too elated with my liberal stances on many issues but, hey - Christians arguing and debating among other Christians about non-salvation issues is about as useless and utterly pointless as me taking math and science classes. the focus should be instilling joy in those who have yet to know the marvels and wonders of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are everything a mom would want in a daughter.
mom