Thursday, December 08, 2005

ein Sommer in Deutschland


im so going!! yes ME this summer, to spread the word of the One I love and play/watch**/teach the sport I love. I applied to tour with the Chicago Eagles (a division of Missionary Athletes International) about a month ago and today I had a phone interview with Rick (the director) and the conclusion: "Nicole we would love to have you"....!!! heck yah man!!

MAI's mission is to communicate the message of Jesus Christ through the environment of soccer. We accomplish this by: doing sports ministry, training in sports ministry and deploying sports ministers as a resource to the body of Christ.

**we will be attending FIFA World Cup matches (c'mon, didn't ya know?? Germany is hosting it!)

Why I want to go on tour:
I am interested in serving, period. To add soccer to the mix would be amazing. I am stoked to build friendships and fellowship with people who share the love of soccer. I want to grow to become more like Him and impact the world for Christ. I have never participated in a missions trip, but I believe that I am at a place in my life where I am fully capable to be used by God in any way that He needs.

The tentative schedule is thus:
after spring finals I leave to Chicago for training camp and curriculum for a week or two
then to Germany to participate in service activities, play in a league and watch some World Cup games
then back to Chicago to work at youth soccer clinics
then back to California for HIU traininc camp to prepare for the fall season

tonight I celebrated my acception with the viewing of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe at 12:01am in Anaheim. the movie was amazing, the transition from wardrobe to narnia is just how i had imagined it. there were about 50 or so hopesters at the showing (dude that's like a tenth of our school right there).



today my lit "inkling" group gave their grand presentation of ISOTONE (a compilation novel written by a handful of the soccer players and one basketball player). here's the gist:
Madison Carmichael, A young woman who finds herself at crossroads: a decision that either defies her parents wishes or denies her own heart. Staying true to her passion of art and photography only causes turmoil to her parents who demand that she receives an ivy league education at her Father‘s alma mater. Visiting her best friend Carmel on the weekends in Laguna Beach to catch the art festival and a little surf, MC finds herself washed up on the shore of a new world named Isotone populated by Palapans of the beaches, Downtownians of the city, Arridites of the desert, and Epiphanies of the mountains. Through her exploration of this new world and relationships formed with these four distinct and divided cultures, once living harmoniously together a long time ago, she finds that it is up to her to unite them as one. below is a play-do map of Isotone (created msaterfully by Lisa TeBerg)

No comments: