Sunday, November 06, 2005

saw II

those who don't appreciate life don't deserve it

I went to see the sequal to saw last night with the boys - craig, rigo, kyle - and once again I was terrified. It's the first movie I've gone to since I've been here in California. When we arrived at the ticket box the employee warned us that there was only "scattered seating" - so we probably weren't going to be able to sit with each other unless we waited for the 10:30 showing . After a couple minutes of debating we made the decision to see the movie solo style. When walking into the theatre it appeared that there was a row of open seating, so Kyle and I proceeded to scope out the situation ONLY TO FIND a couple who brought a handful of their 5 TO 7 YEAR OLDS (they were so little I'm not sure they could even see the movie screen above the seats in front of them!!). Is this legal?? - because I'm still debating if I was old enough to see the movie. Kyle and I were able to find two seats in the very-most-furthest-back row, aka "the make-out section" - Fortunately the film was suspenseful enough to keep us from being distracted by the surrounding make-out sessions (I wonder where Craig and Rigo ended up =).

SAW. The serial killer, who the local cops tag "Jigsaw", is an old man who battles with the knowledge of his premature expiration date due to cancer. This revelation causes him to judge others who, he believes, "don't appreciate life" by "playing a game" - putting them into fatal situations where they are given the oppurtunity to save their life by overcoming an obstacle that has been a hindrance in their life. You'll have to go see the movie to learn anything more.

3 comments:

Min17 said...

I saw saw II today... I was so terrified! But at the same time.. the police were too stupid and I figured out the safe thing at the beginning. But still.. I was nearly sick! OME everyone needs to see that film!

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine anyone wanting to see this sick movie and yes I think it should be illegal to bring little kids to it. Those parents should where a stupid idiot sticker on their heads!!!
Anyway, the bottom line is that anything this side of hell is a gift from God.

Nicole said...

wear*
sick? for lack of better words i suppose that would be true - but it was HORRIFICALLY BRILLIANT. and I loved it.