Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Tuesday's maze


Last night in History of American Religion (I have it every Monday night from 7-10pm) I was most incredibly bored with defining/classifying/contrasting Religion, the Church, Denominations, Movements, Sects and Cults after the first couple and hours and embarked on a new endeavor: drawing mazes. It was my first one ever and Jessica said that it was promising or-something-or-other, although she solved it within seconds. I would have used the time to read but I didn't want to make it too obvious to professor sonnenberg that he had lost my attention.

So today was incredibly stressful, but really its all my fault. I’ve given myself a pretty big load of hard classes during this soccer season and working is just adding to the chaos. I thought it all would be gravy but when I put off studying to do who knows what I’ve found that I’m just wearing myself out. Today was a perfect example: I was given labor day weekend to read the novel A Horse and His Boy for my Lit class and started it Monday night with a paper due on it Tuesday - no sweat. I stayed up the night reading, not very successful. Late that night my old roomie Jordan decides to tell me that we have a quiz in Biology that next morning. So I put off reading and got up a couple hours early for 8am bio and did a little cramming - only to get to class to find out that the quiz was actually not until THURSDAY. Not too happy about wasting the morning I skipped Chapel to finish the novel and the paper that was due at noon, which was incredibly tricky to do being deprived of sleep. I also had a quiz on the Greek alphabet for my next class that I was to leave early for my soccer game. The plan: cram for the quiz during Lit class - only I forgot to bring the alphabet with me to study (Andy ended up texting it to me in my lit class). When the academic day was all said and done I was able to turn in all appropriate assignments and I aced the Greek quiz - BUUUUT I was battling my physical condition which was starving and tired because I hadn’t had a break to catch a bite or a wink ANNND all of this I incurred by using my weekend unwisely. NEVER WILL I DO THIS AGAIN…… just imagine if we didn’t have Monday off.

I have a contusion - or “constiution,” says Jessica - in my left quad. Serena drove her knee right into my leg during practice yesterday morning- but its ok because I stole the ball from her and proceeded to score while she tumbled =). Happy Labor Day Serena!

We beat William Jessup University today 12-0... Another game that doesn’t need very much attention, so the only thing I’m going to add is that I scored 4 more goals and that puts me at 14 (I reached my goal).


I got a new printer!! It’s called the “all-in-one”, that is because it has a scanner and copier as well - sweet deal. I bought it online from Best Buy. The other day I got a confirmation that said “print this receipt and bring it to the store, blah blah blah.” Well seemingly since I was purchasing a printer I didn’t actually have one at the time so I really couldn’t print the receipt - this was loads of fun explaining, though I don’t understand why I had to (I just wrote down all the pertinent info on a little post-it and handed it to the guy). Anyway, I think everyone in Fullerton had a return or exchange, some glitch in their computer/electronics, or a purchase online to pick up tonight around 8:30 because it took like 2 YEARS for any service. There was even a dude who cut me in line, only to apply for a BestBuy credit card and get denied over and over and over again. Finally, after being helped by 3 different employees and a search party for a printer that had a piece of paper stapled with my name in HUGE letters on it, I got what I came for and split.

I got back to the dorms and starting unwrapping my printer from its packaging - it was like Christmas! - and then set it all up and laddi daddi da only to find that there was no USB cable. At first I frantically searched the room and told my roomies that hiding it from me was only funny for so long. Then I did the unmentionable: I read the directions, and there it was written NOTE: you may need to purchase a USB cord separately. THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE TO KNOW when I was at BestBuy… but what are ya gonna do right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nicole, I'm exhausted just reading about your weekend! Let me know if you truly never waste time again! If so, it was well worth it!
Keep kicking.
Teresa