Tuesday, August 16, 2005

the collision


Okay, so I previously posted that I would blog about the truck accident - i mean collision (sorry Paps, I understand that they aren't called accidents anymore). On 21st in the right lane just before the Albertson's entrance a car stops abruptly to make the turn and I - who is doing something besides watching the road at the moment (I think it was the cell phone, actually) - smacked the car behind it who had come to a complete stop. I don't beleive that I saw the car in time to put on the breaks, infact I remember hitting the breaks extra hard after I had hit the car in front of me. I hit her at about 40 mph - the airbag deployed, I was an emotional wreck and the lady in the car that I hit was holding her neck (we were both fine, though). You know those sleepmarks you get from your pillow or sheets when you wake up? - well I had some of those BIG TIME from the airbag. The truck suffered severe damage to the front and it's verdict: totalled. When the Police Officer came I didn't have my wallet, so I had to call my friend to come bring it for me. The officer was totally chill and even told my mom when she came to not say anything negative to me. By the way, I was on the way to my first day of work at Papa John's pizza to be a delivery driver... that's why I was an insider instead.

No comments: