Thursday, July 28, 2005

Daniel Wenzel


I still can remember when Daniel Wenzel was 2 ft nothing. I was 7 and he was 3 and and I would call him curly sue. The Wenzels are family friends - Anita and Mom were both in Choir together at Christ's church before I was born. It's been a handful of years since I've seen them, but I've ran into Micah - Daniel's older brother - here and there at soccer events. Micah is going to be a senior at Bellarmine Prep this coming up year and is the Captain of the Men's Soccer team there. I would also hear about them from Mom when I was down at school - crazy things - both Daniel's and Micah's soccer accomplishments with their ODP (olympic development program) teams and such.

When I was picking up my last paycheck from PJ's the other night I ran into Tom and Anita - the padres - and they updated me about Daniel who just was invited to Residency. Yep, he's leaving his house at 15 years old - what a sweet oppurtunity at that age. This is a program built for guys soccer where Daniel's living is paid in full in Florida while he plays soccer for the national team and goes to school. I guess there's a trip in there soon to Japan as well. It sounds like Daniel and Micah have been all over the world playing this game where all you need is a few people, an open space and a ball. To check out more on Daniel:
http://www.washingtonpremiersoccer.com/DAN.html
http://www.fedwaymirror.com/portals-code/list.cgi?paper=91&cat=40&id=465018&more=

No comments: