Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Lil' Bugga @ the Vet


I took roxie to the Banfield Veterinarian at Petsmart today to get some vaccinations. The dog groomer wouldn't do roxie's "do" unless she got her rabbies shot - mom's been freaking out about Roxie being shaggy lately... "nicole can you please do me a favor... roxie can't get her hair done friday if you don't bring her in wednesday because it has to be two days in advance..."

Just know, I've never seen Roxie so freaked out as I did today in the Vet's office. She was throwing up spit and grass and even peed a little on accident while we were in the waiting area - kind of annoying for me. Roxie was shaking so hard when we got into the room and was trying to hide herself in my lap and she was shedding on me like crazy while we were waiting for the Doc. When they were taking her temperature roxie became incredibly relaxed, but she had this look on her face like "what the hell are they doing to my arse" - but i was holding her head so she didn't get to look.

She was given three vaccinations and she didn't yelp, jump or even squirm when any of the three needles punctured her skin -- what a good girl. Well I left petsmart an hour and a half later with her rabbies tag, some paper work, and a shaken up roxie - she seems to doin okay. The doc said to watch for facial swelling and lethargic behavior, said it was fatal and she would need immediate attention - ok fine its more like dangerous and a good idea to get her to the vet sooner than later.

No comments: