Saturday, July 19, 2008

bad checks


I found a Sierra Design cd/flashlight clip tent on craigslist. Buying on craigslist is the one time I have to go take cash out because no way can anyone in their right mind take a personal check (The couple I bought the Honda Civic from had me notarize a cashiers check: "I, Nicole Collins, say that this check is valid").

I picked the tent up at the REI in Tacoma, and while I was waiting I stopped in at a Teriyaki joint. They had a display of checks at the register that had bounced - each had a stamp that read similar to "no sufficient funds."

I loved it. It was perfect. If you wanted to argue with them about using your personal check - they could just point to the functional art to the right of their register.

Starbucks accepts checks - although any partner at POS has to scrutinize it, and you must have ID.

Next to the Teriyaki restaurant was a display for a "coming soon" Jimmy John's. This is a grub cold sandwich spot and I believe it originated in Chicago.

No comments: